Robin and I knew that the day we leave Amsterdam and the Netherlands would eventually come. Well, today is that day.
Our time in Amsterdam has been a grand adventure, deeper, richer and more vibrant that either of us ever imagined. We repeated the phrase “We’re still living in Amsterdam” almost weekly because we never wanted to take the experience for granted.
We have so many people to thank:
- Our neighbors on Reijnier Vinkelskade, who took us in when we first arrived there in 2008. They all went out of their way to make us feel part of their little community;
- Bernard, our neighbor upstairs at Plantage Muidergracht, who looked after us a number of times when the apartment was not behaving itself;
- Our friends from around the city, in particular Blaine Hamrick, for helping us see and enjoy all the city has to offer;
- My work colleagues in the Amsterdam, the Hague and Rijswijk offices have always been supportive, passionate and professional. Leading these teams has been a honor and a pleasure;
- All the family and friends who have visited us. We’ve loved taking you to all the places we’ve discovered here.
We’re not quite sure where life will take us next, but Robin and I both are ready for the adventure.