Station Studios features the photography and writing of Robin Margaret and Barry Cott. We’re a couple of Canadians living the expat life for the last fourteen years or so. We’ve lived in such places as Amsterdam in the Netherlands, Katy in Texas (a western suburb of Houston) and Calgary in Alberta. Our home base is the small town of Port Stanley, Ontario on the north shore of Lake Erie.
“Like all great travelers, we have seen more than we remember, and remember more than we have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
While we have not yet ditched the rat race, we are pretty rabid travelers and try to see and photograph as much of the world as we can. We also enjoy getting outdoors and are avid cyclists and hikers. You will find our post topics broken into one of three major groups:
- Photo sets and travelogues from our longer trips to various places in North America and Europe. Highlights include RV’ing through New Mexico and Texas, cycling in Spain and walking Ireland.
- Photographs and travelogues from our weekend trips to cities like Brussels, Paris and Berlin.
- Reports about day-long cycling trips (to Marken, Zaanse Schans and Muiden for example) and hikes (Nationaal Park Zuid Kennemerland).
While it is likely that Station Studios will stay a part-time pursuit for the foreseeable future, we welcome interest in our photography and would be happy to discuss the use of our photographs for commercial purposes. Please contact us directly here.
- The Travel Europe, Travel North America and Travel Asia pages break the travel-related posts into continental focus.
- The Travel Map page allows to you to find posts via Google Maps.
- The Outdoor Pursuits page allows to you to find our posts on our activities like cycling and hiking.
- The Notebook allows you access to all of our non-travel related posts relating to gear, food and other things.
- The RSS feed for Station Studios is available here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/StationStudios